OVATION CELEBRITY TRADICIONAL PLUS CS24P
- Selected wood top; with X-Bracing reinforcement
- central mouth
- Medium Depth Lyrachord® Body
- Nato neck, ovangkol binding on fingerboard and bridge
- 643mm scale, 42.8mm nut width
- Rosette inlaid with Abalone and dot inlays
- Ovation CP-100 Slimline Pickup, OP-4CT Preamp with Tuner
- Cream body trim, multiple purflings
- Ovation oil-encapsulated machine heads, chrome-plated
The success story of a visionary.
More than fifty years ago, Charles Kaman brought his idea of a modern guitar to the world market.
Kaman dared to approach guitar building in a way that is still polarizing today. A special composite of fiber and plastic (Lyrachord®) combined with a parabolic body shape (Roundback®) were the ingredients of a completely new sound experience in the already saturated acoustic guitar market.
The final breakthrough was made possible by the electroacoustic version of the Ovation guitar.
Here too, Kaman’s experience in the aerospace industry led the way to a development that led to the first piezoelectric pickup. This made it possible for acoustic guitarists to still be present even in a full band, or for soloists to perform at large outdoor events without sacrificing sound quality.